Area Info for your upcoming Cape Schanck Holiday in Go Coastal’s Beachside Accommodation
This area of the Mornington Peninsula has rolling hills, spectacular ocean walks, native bushland punctuated by thriving farm lands and open estates – everything from Flower Farms to Pony Rides and Mountain Boarding Parks. As well as being home to famous Bushranger’s Bay on the Ocean Beach, Cape Schanck is dotted with great places to enjoy winery lunches and cellar door experiences.
Things to do Outdoors in Cape Schanck:
- Bushrangers Bay: Bushrangers Bay is steeped in ancient beauty and an absolute must see during your stay. Deep rock pools warmed by the sun invite travellers to slip into calm, salty waters; while just beyond wild, awe inspiring swells crash against the large outcrop known as Elephant Rock. The basalt itself is a surreal sight, rising from the deep blue waters of Bass Strait, etched with geometric formations reflected in crystal clear rock pools, and prairie flowers and saltbush softening plateaus. Truly an unforgettable destination.
Getting there: To get to Bushrangers Bay, park at the Bushrangers Bay Car Park on Boneo Road and take the Two Bays Walking track 2.6 km (approx 30 minute walk) through Banksia forest while enjoying the symphony of native birds and families of curious kangaroos along the way.
- Flower Farm: Try your hand at flower arranging at Villa Floreti who host workshops and events throughout the year on their flower farm in nearby Boneo.
- The Ranch: Experience the joy and exhilaration of The Ranch in Cape Schanck with horse and pony rides, mountain boarding, adventure parks and camps.
- Equestrian Competitions: Boneo Park is home to one of Australia’s leading equestrian facilities that opens its gates free of charge for spectators to enjoy the majesty of dressage, Wessel drilling, and jumping at local, national and international levels.
- Boneo Community Market: held on the 3rd Saturday of the Month all year and offering unique crafts and gifts, Devonshire teas, fresh produce, plants and an animal farm for the kiddies.
- Panorama Garden Estate: A veritable paradise for nature lovers, with over 20, 000 plants across 18 gardens replete with lakes, streams and waterfalls, and views galore stretching from Bass Strait to Port Philip Bay. The wildlife sanctuary of Panorama Estate is home to many furry friends including rare albino kangaroos, emus and miniature goats.
- Boneo Discovery Park: set on 27 acres of wetland, Boneo Discovery Park will take you on a magical journey of discovery with their ANIMALIA sand sculpting exhibition, and entertain you with their mini golf course, mini train ride, pedal boats on King Lake, bungee trampoline, and more! The games garden with larger than life games make Boneo Park a perfect place to host an unforgettable birthday party. Keep an easy eye on your kids from the sidelines as they navigate the smaller mazes, and watch joy and surprise rush over their faces with each twist and turn.
How to Treat Yourself in Cape Schanck:
- Day Spa & Hammam: The curved halls of the RACV resort lead to the entrance of a world where troubles melt away and serenity takes shape. Cleansing treatments and therapies, body wraps, beauty treatments, massages – you name it, they got it. The star of the show is the Hammam, a contemporary take on the traditional Turkish bath house. The walls glisten with teal tiling and the wide window looking onto the hills makes you feel you’ve entered a secret haven in the wilderness. The salted relaxation pool, the thermal stone steam room, and the vitality pool will soak away any tension and have you feeling deeply rejuvenated.
- Golf: test your skills on this championship course designed by Robert Trent Jones Junior.