Area Info for your upcoming Dromana Holiday in Go Coastal’s Beachside Houses for the Whole Family
Dromana is nestled between the sparkling waters of the Bay and the foot of Arthurs Seat – the highest point on the Peninsula with truly breathtaking views. Dromana beach is famous for its colourful bathing boxes dotting the shore against a backdrop of native bushland over the hillside.
The boulevard is highlighted by a delightful shopping strip with supermarket, boutique stores, cafes and restaurants. While the foreshore offers the perfect spot for enjoying family days by the seaside, with public BBQs and facilities, playground, and popular fishing spots.
Things to do Indoors in Dromana:
- Take a Gin Masterclass at Bass & Flinders Distillery where a range of high quality, artisanal gins, brandies and liqueurs are created, all with a loving nod to the local area and heritage. Bass and Flinders Distillery pioneered the gin masterclass in Australia and continue to provide unique and evolving classes.
As you sip on Bass and Flinders’ gin, graze a cheese platter and learn the fascinating history of the spirit, you’ll blend your own flavour of botanicals and aromas into a 500ml bottle of gin to take home. Your creation will be kept on file so you can order a bottle of your custom gin from the distillery whenever you please!
- Jimmy Rum Distillery: over three hours at the JimmyRum Distillery, you’ll learn and taste a lot. Head distiller and founder James McPherson will take you through the history of rum and give you a tour of the distillery.
You’ll taste JimmyRum’s four original blends and taste rums from around the world while discussing the nuances of the flavour profiles – plus, there will be cheese and meat platters. After learning the ins and outs of rum distilling, you’ll blend your own and take home a 50ml bottle.
They also host Tacos and Trivia every Thursday and Live Music Sessions on Sunday.
- Hickinbotham Winery: run by 4th generation winemakers and educators, Hickinbotham is the perfect place to host weddings and events, enjoy live music, or feast at their superb restaurant.
- Enjoy freshly brewed cider made form local apples at Mr Little Cider – a quaint and rustic bar with an incredibly crisp drop on tap.
- Gluten Free Beer at last! Two Bays Brewery is the first totally gluten free brewery in the country, rated amongst the other top quality brewers across the Mornington Peninsula. Two Bays beers are considered and certainly don’t compromise on taste.
- Domana Indoor Market: Discover the unexpected, antique, handmade and unique when you visit the Dromana Indoor Market. With ever-changing stalls, this market sees unusual and beautiful items every day, from upcycled furniture and local produce to jewellery, collectables and more.
Brought to you by a group of stallholders with a passion for the eclectic, the Factory Antique Market has something to suit any taste. Take an antiquing trip to Dromana to browse for vintage items, Australiana, tools, glassware, fashion and plenty more from countries around the globe.
Things to do Outdoors in Dromana:
- Heronswood Garden: a property of historical significance built in 1864, boasting immaculately kept, sprawling gardens. Their shop is home to Diggers signature heirloom seeds and plants, and their cafe provides tasty lunches within the house lounges, on the surrounding verandah or al fresco. Sip tea at noon in the shade of the statuesque Moreton Bay Fig, and treat your family and loved ones to any of the organic heirlooms or stunning ornamentals from their nursery – the perfect gift that keeps on giving.
- Dromana Bushland Reserve and Foreshore.
Things to do Nearby in Red Hill:
Experience country living at its best. With Glass Blowing, Yoga Studios, Berry Picking, & Farm Fresh Cooking Classes, the estates around this area boast a plethora of fun and interesting activities.
- Berry Picking: pick a punnet of fresh berries to your heart’s content! Summertime strawberries at Sunny Ridge, and juicy cherries at Ripe n Ready will have your taste buds popping with glee.
- Red Hill Lavender Farm & Distillery: intoxicate the senses with the scent of lavender billowing in the breeze while native birds delight in a chorus and oceans of soft purple flowers bring your mind to a state of ease. Indulge your taste buds with freshly baked pastries and bring a little bottle of lavender heaven home with you.
- Red Hill Candle Co: Lighting a candle can be a simple pleasure or a ritual of relaxation. Make yourself a signature scent at the candle making workshops at Red Hill.
- Winery Lunches, Weddings and Events at Polperro Winery.
- Cooking Classes at Green Olive Farm: learn to make sausages and fresh pasta at Green Olive or simply wine, dine and shop local produce. A family-operated farm and business, Green Olive grows olives, grapes, veggies and herbs. They create bath and body products, wines, cordials, condiments, olive oils and more fresh produce. Offering experiences like tapas & wine and cooking classes, the O’Donoghue family provides fresh eats and drinks amongst beautiful landscapes. Stop in for brunch or a private picnic and enjoy some local specialties!