Area Info for your upcoming Portsea Holiday in Go Coastal’s Beachside Accommodation
Situated at the furthermost tip of the Peninsula, Portsea is known for its natural beauty, historic significance, and sheer luxury. The streets are a joy to wander through, lined with immaculately landscaped gardens, 19th century mansions, and beautiful coastal homes. To the left of the township is Point Nepean National Park with walking tracks wending through stunning natural settings and hidden gems of historical significance.
Things to do Outdoors in Portsea:
- Historic Significance: Pack some sandwiches and take a day trip to check out all the historic outposts and buildings within the National Park. A few must see locations include Fort Nepean, Fort Pearce and Eagle’s Nest Walk, Gunner’s Cottage, and The Butler’s Track Rifle Range where soldiers trained during WWII.
- Hand Cycling & Wheelchair Accessibility: Many of the tracks in the National Park are Hand Cyclable and wheelchair accessible. Parks Victoria have created an accessibility map so that this beautiful area can be enjoyed by all.
- Natural Beauties: stunning sandstone rock formations, majestic cliff faces, rock pools full of miniature worlds of wonder, sand dunes home to protected species of fauna and flora, and walking trails forking and extending for kilometres. Be sure to explore London Bridge Lookout and Sierra Nevada Rocks on the ocean side beach, or Back Beach as the locals call it.
- Scuba Diving & Snorkelling: Immerse yourself in the wonders of the sea! Be awed by the myriad curiosities of an underwater world by taking a scuba diving tour with BayPlay Adventure Tours.
- Paragliding: Watch paragliders take off from the Portsea Paragliding Launch and soar through the air above the dunes of the stunning ocean beach, or book a tandem flight and experience the exhilaration of flying for yourself! Contact Melbourne Paragliding to have a chat with the friendly staff about their tandem flights and license courses.
Things to do Indoors in Portsea:
- Art Galleries: while enjoying the cafes and playgrounds of the foreshore be sure to check out Aegean Designs and The Portsea Gallery.