Area Info for your upcoming Safety Beach Holiday in Go Coastal’s Harbour Side Accommodation
The perfect location for a quiet harbour side getaway with local conveniences at your fingertips. Dine at locally beloved Martha’s Table along the marina – where you can also pick up some goodies from the local grocer and cellar.
The soft, calm waters of Safety Beach and Tassels Cove invite all ages to enjoy Port Phillip Bay at its most tranquil. Spend romantic hours strolling through the boardwalk of the inland marina where an eclectic collection of boats from beautiful modern yachts to historic rigs and everything in between are moored.
Things to do in Safety Beach, Mt Martha, and nearby Mornington:
- Fishing Charter, Safety Beach: Take a seasonal fishing charter with Reel Time Fishing. Available right through the year, with Snapper, Whiting, Squid, King Fish and Tuna in the warmer months; and Bluefin and Tuna in the colder months. Give Matt a call and book your next fishing trip.
- Balcombe Creek Boardwalk, Mount Martha: Home to flora and fauna of various species, the Balcombe Creek Estuary Boardwalk leads you through the nature and tranquil surrounds of the Mt Martha bushland. This 5km trek takes approximately 1.5 hours (more if the little ones are along) and features a barbecue and picnic area for the whole family to enjoy. Minor diversions along the way make for ideal viewing points of the creek, and the perfect backdrop to capture all those family memories.
- Mornington Racecourse Market held every second Sunday, all year.
- Beleura House & Garden, Mornington: Built in 1863 and now a heritage building, Beleura House & Garden is open to the public for full enjoyment of its spectacular architecture and landscaping, original furnishings from the previous owner, theatre entrepreneur Sir George Tallis, as well as offering rich historical stories, art collections and intimate concerts from classical music to jazz. To see what this season has on offer or to book a tour at Beleura House visit their site via this link.
- Pottery, Mornington: a light and plant-filled workshop space at Made By Bowie. Functional wares with a mid-century feel from mugs to vases and pot planters, made and sold at the Mornington location. Head into their bold yet calm shop front or check out Made By Bowie online to inquire about their upcoming workshops, or pick up a new piece!
- Escape Rooms, Mornington: Up for a challenge? Get your problem-solving on at Locked In Escape Rooms, Mornington. Choose from a selection of ever-changing room themes; currently Wizard’s Lair, Mission To Mars, The Missing and Blackout. Bring along your friends and your sharpest wits to see if you can solve clues and find hidden objects to escape in 60 minutes!
- Hickinbotham Winery in Dromana: ran by 4th generation wine makers and educators, Hickinbotham is the perfect place to host weddings and events, enjoy live music, or feast at their superb restaurant.