It’s summer getaway time! Still deciding where to take the family? Here are five of our top family-friendly homes for your beachside vacation.
The basics: In Rosebud, 5 guests, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 car spaces
- 200m walk from Rosebud foreshore
- A 15-minute walk from Rosebud Plaza shopping centre and main street, which is home to plenty of restaurants and cafes
This home in two words: Cool and breezy
- Swimming pool in the private yard! Heating for the pool is available from the September school holidays to the end of Easter break (so all through summer).
- 6-seat alfresco dining area
- Outdoor lounge
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning
- Open-plan living space
- Firelighters and enough kindling to start a fire provided (as long as it’s safe to do so!)
- Portacot with linen available at no extra charge
Why rent Blue Water Beach House?
The private yard with a heated pool is perfect for uninterrupted family time. Those who aren’t swimming can stretch out on the outdoor lounge or fire up the BBQ. The alfresco dining area can be home to your family dinners or morning cups of coffee.
Feel like a swim in the real thing? You can walk to the bay in a matter of minutes. Indoors, the air conditioning will keep you cool, while the open-plan design helps keep the family connected.
The basics: In Rye, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 4 car spaces
- 25-minute walk or a short drive to the Bass Strait ocean or Port Phillip bay
- French reserve, great for a quick walk or picnic
- 16th beach (our favourite)
- Peninsula pantry cafe (a local gem)
- Penni Ave distillery (att: vodka lovers)
This home in two words: Peaceful and scenic
- Expansive balcony with hilltop views
- Alfresco dining on the balcony
- Air conditioning
- Office space with desk
- Large bedrooms
Why rent Sunset Hill Beach House?
This treetop retreat looks over stunning greenery. This luxury cabin is inspired by Scandinavian style and creates a chic Australian beach escape. Hopefully, you and your family can take a break here in Rye, but if anyone does need to study or work, the office space is a comfortable place to do so.
Oh, and there’s a jacuzzi, so that sells itself, right?
The basics: In Rye, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 car spaces
- 3-minute drive to Rye foreshore
- Peninsula Hot Springs and Alba Thermal Springs nearby
- Golf courses
This home in two words: Comfortable and character
- Quiet street but still a short drive to the shops and restaurants
- BBQ area
- Patio seating
- Beautiful mature garden
- Espresso machine
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Breakfast bench
- Dining servery
- Retro design
- Wall heater and fireplace in living room
- Air conditioning and mezzanine in master bedroom
Why rent Valley Lodge Beach House?
The mid-century style modern furniture and retro design of this home provide a welcoming and different environment for your holiday (unless your home has a very specific decor). Super close to some of Rye’s most popular activities, you’re close to thermal springs, golf courses, and so much natural beauty – yet the home is quiet and quaint.
In Blairgowrie, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 3 car spaces
- 800m walk from bay and ocean beach
This home in two words: Lush and entertaining
- Tall gate for privacy
- Sheltered alfresco area
- Fire pit
- Table tennis area
- Bluetooth sound system in living space
- Open plan design
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioner
- Zero Co sustainable body and home cleaning products provided
- Bottle of complimentary sparkling wine
- Coffee machine
- Games shed
- Living area has tri-fold glass doors that open the space into the shaded pergola outdoor dining area
Why rent Blairgowrie Beach Cottage?
This home is surrounded by lush landscaping with a tropical flair. Wherever you look, there’ll be greenery and bursts of colour, really helping you relax into holiday mode. Your private garden is less than 1km from both bay and ocean beaches, so you’ve got the green and blue of nature all around you.
There’s something entertaining for the whole family here; the table tennis area and games shed can provide hours of fun. The chic kitchen and dining area and the sheltered alfresco dining area mean you can enjoy a family meal rain or shine.
Stocked with Zero Co body and cleaning products, you can also enjoy a more sustainable holiday here.
In Tootgarook, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car spaces
- Just a block away from Tootgarook beach
- 5-minute drive or 30-minute stroll to Rosebud Plaza shopping centre and main street with bakery, butcher, restaurants, cafes and more
This home in two words: Welcoming and relaxing
- Two storeys
- Just a block from the beach
- Master bedroom with ensuite
- All bedrooms on first floor
- Fire pit
- Backyard with retractable awning
- Open-plan design
- Modern style, very comfortable
- Very plush sofas
- Fully equipped kitchen
Why rent Shimmering Sands?
This home begs you to relax. The plush sofas and backyard awning set you up for comfort indoors or out. Just a block from the beach, you could get there with your eyes closed (though please don’t try). Forgot your book back home? No worries, dash back to grab it to spend the arvo reading on the sand.
Ready to book your family beach holiday?