If you’re searching for Mornington Peninsula holiday homes for between two to six people, for less than $300 a night and within walking distance from the beach… you’ve found a very specific article, perfect for your next vacation! In no particular order, here are eight of our properties to match your needs. Prices may fluctuate around time of year and days of the week, but we’ve outlined averages.
The basics: Blairgowrie, 7 guests, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
Cost per night: $266 (minimum of 14 nights)
How far from the beach: 3-minute walk from Koonya Ocean Beach, a 15-minute walk from Blairgowrie Foreshore
- You're close to the action while remaining tucked away at home amongst a large yard with plenty of sheltering trees in this private hideaway.
- Walking distance from not only the back beach but also coastal walking tracks. Short drive to the foreshore.
- Short walk to local gem Koonya General Store for all your fridge, pantry and household essentials, plus coffee, hot food and sweet treats.
- Make a fire on those colder nights, or dine out on the patio deck with an outdoor grill on warmer summer nights.
The basics: Rye, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 car spaces
Cost per night: $254
How far from the beach: 5-minute walk to the Tyrone Foreshore and a 5-minute drive from ocean beaches
- A hidden gem nestled behind native Moonah Trees on a quiet street.
- With a secure yard, front verandah and the creature comforts of home, this Aussie beach house is sure to delight and calm.
- The kitchen is full of contemporary appliances for ease while preparing those family meals.
- BBQ and fully-sheltered outdoor dining set up.
The Basics: Rosebud, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 car spaces
Cost per night: $270
How far from the beach: 15-minute walk to Rosebud Foreshore
- Light-filled, open-plan living.
- Fully-enclosed yard for private alfresco meals or for the kids or pets to run around.
- BBQ and large shade umbrella on the patio.
- Close to Bay Trail walking track and all that Rosebud main street has to offer.
The Basics: Sorrento, 6 guests, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 car space
Cost per night: $226
How far from the beach: A few minute's stroll to Sorrento foreshore (and ferry terminal)
- You won't need to leave the luxury of this light-filled home, complete with a fully equipped kitchen, private balcony and BBQ.
- Even with all the tasteful decor and cosy king-size bed, you'll still be tempted out onto the charming streets of Sorrento – the main street is on your doorstep!
- Secure basement parking.
- Zero Co sustainable house and body cleaning products provided.
The Basics: Blairgowrie, 7 guests, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car spaces
Cost per night: $298
How far from the beach: 500m from the bay
- Nestled within a private treed yard, this Escape to Blairgowrie boasts a short stroll to the bay beaches and Blairgowrie's Cafe strip and shops for comfortable, convenient seaside living.
- Featuring a fully equipped kitchen, large dining area and shaded alfresco deck with BBQ, this light-drenched holiday retreat is ideal for entertaining, making it perfect for families or large groups!
- Modern interior and tranquil garden
The Basics: Boneo, 7 guests, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 car spaces and enough room for a boat
Cost per night: $253
How far from the beach: 600m from the bay
- Central breakky bar for family time while cooking or chatting over your morning coffee.
- Open-plan living/dining area makes for a homely communal space.
- Enclosed backyard with enough space to kick a ball around or let the kids burn some energy.
- BBQ and undercover outdoor dining setting.
- Only 500m from Rosebud Plaza and all the surrounding cafes, shops, walking/biking trails and foreshore. Plus, the playground for little ones.
The Basics: Rye, 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car spaces
Cost per night: $275
How far from the beach: 10-minute walk to ocean beaches
- Enclosed in the greenery of your own private garden, this cosy retreat is lovingly presented with sun lounges, decking and a private BBQ.
- Two separate living areas.
- Fenced yard area for private BBQS.
- Stunning established garden.
More accommodation in coastal Victoria
Check out all our close-to-the-beach holiday homes to see properties at all prices for a luxury Mornington Peninsula getaway.